Subject: Re: NetBSD/alpha MP stability and other bugs
To: Stephen Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/02/2007 10:23:00
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Stephen Jones wrote:

> (PS, sorry if I sound like an ass.  I'm obviously I'm not at the point that
> Anders is at :)  I don't think I'd make such a shift as to go to TRU64).
>
> I'd really like to see Michael Hitches 'fixes' incorporated ..

No offence taken. ;-) If the patches really solve the occational hangs I
would switch back to NetBSD in a heartbeat! The problem for me is that it
is sort of a production machine in the sense that it runs my email and
my DNS servers and when it hangs when I'm on the road (I work as a
geologist) I have a lot of problems finding people to restart the box.

I'll still be running NetBSD on my server that acts as a firewall at home
so I won't really leave NetBSD Alpha, -I'll still be lurking on the
list...

Cheers,
Anders

--
This mail was sent on Mon 04/02/07 at 1:15AM PDT

Our missions are peaceful -- not for conquest.  When we do battle, it
is only because we have no choice.
 		-- Kirk, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:  anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:     http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius