Subject: Re: Continued problems with SMP on NetBSD/alpha
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/2007 10:04:58
Even 3.1 doesn't seem stable enough for a machine under heavy load. My
server has crashed two days in a row when under heavy IO so I'll have to
noted and seem to be due to some bug in the interrupt handling.
With the SMP kernel I get stray IRQ's on interrupt 1, I can't use a IDE
cdrom at the same time I have SCSI disks attached as the SCSI driver hangs
when probing the disks, I get Silo Overflows from the serial port driver
if it is used and finally crashes when under heavy IO.

None of these problems occur with a single CPU kernel. Unfortunately the
server is located in a place where I can't get to the console. Thus the
lack of kernel debug messages from the crashes...

Cheers,
Anders
--
This mail was sent on Wed 01/17/07 at 0:56AM PST

Suffocating together ... would create heroic camaraderie.
 		-- Khan Noonian Singh, "Space Seed", stardate 3142.8

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:  anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:     http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius