Subject: Re: Stability problem (maybe stge related, maybe satalink)
To: Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@bsdprojects.net>
From: Tobias Nygren <tnn@nygren.pp.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/02/2006 16:20:03
Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> Salut,
>
> I have some issues with NetBSD 2.1 on my dual 600MHz ev56 alpha. After
> a day or two, it usually just hangs and doesn't react on anything
> but the reset button. I don't remember this behavior from tthe time
> before I put a satalink controller (Silicon Image) into it, but then
> again I had a different machine back then: a dual 400MHz one.
>
> The last thing that happens before the hangups is:
>
> stge0: device timeout
> stge0: DMA wait timed out
> <machine is hung>
>
> Also, pcictl list on the PCI bus with the SATA controller causes
> a reboot.
>
> Some more information about the machine can be found in the dmesg
> which I hopefully won't forget to attach.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 				Tonnerre

Can you try with a non-MP kernel? I saw (infrequent) hangs until I changed
to uniprocessor. My initial testing indicated that interrupts were lost when
running MP. This seemed to affect all PCI boards, but was only fatal on the
satalink ones. I'm not confident enough to try to debug it further.
AS4100 with two satalink has been up for 2 months without a hang after
the other cpu boards were pulled.

-Tobias