Subject: Re: Strange hang with PC164LX & NetBSD 3
To: Johan Hattne <johan.hattne@EMBL-Hamburg.DE>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/03/2006 21:29:42
* Johan Hattne <johan.hattne@EMBL-Hamburg.DE> [2006-05-02 09:58:01]:

> >Anyone else seen this? It's happened three or so times now since I've
> >upgraded, with the exact same symptoms, and I never had these issues
> >when the same hardware was running 1.6, just maybe with a bit more
> >dust in the case :-)
>
> Our hardware seem to be similar, except I don't have SCSI.  More
> interesting perhaps: you have cgd and PF -- both of which aren't in my
> GENERIC config, and probably weren't enabled in your 1.6 kernel.  Could
> that be it?

That's true, although they're unconfigured so far.

I could try removing them, although if your config experiences the same
problem without them being enabled, maybe it's unrelated.

I could try this, although after I updated my netbsd-3 CVS tree as of a
couple of days ago to see if anything might have been fixed, the new
kernel built with my config hangs after printing out the root
filesystem. The last messages are:

root on raid0a dumps on raid0b
root file system type: ffs

And that's it. I hate it when you don't get any sort of error message or
panic :-/

Matt
--
"Never rub another man's rhubarb."