Subject: Re: LInux emulation question
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: bob <sfmc68@verizon.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/10/2006 18:59:39
I have installed an nVidia FX 5200 PCi.  It works very well so far.
I am in the midst of building kde base now. Once that is done, I will=20
try it.

I have a couple of S3 cards, a Mach64, ati 7000, and the FX card.
I will try them all once the KDE build is done.

Then I will see what I can do under Linux emulation.
bob

Emmanuel Kasper wrote:

> make World in xsrc/xfree/xc/ made a fine XFree86 alpha binary in=20
> /usr/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver. However the S3 virge was not a goo=
d=20
> bet as the X startup hangs the machine on starting XFree86 -configure=20
> with a funny pink screen.
> I might try with a Matrox Millenium since they're just sold 1 =80 on eb=
ay.
> Manu
>=20
>=20

--=20
  "OOOOOPS!!!"
The invocation of the law of unintended consequences.