Subject: Re: Installing 2.0.2 on DEC3000M600S
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Mark Ter Morshuizen <mark@itbox.co.za>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/05/2006 20:51:43
On Wednesday 21 December 2005 22:22, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> I will try the 2.0.2 installer to see if I hit the same problem.

Hi Pavel,

Have you tried this yet?

I tried installing 2.02 on a spare disk in my XP900 and then moving it to the
3000. This boots but freezes as soon as any interactive input is required
from the serial console.

I haven't managed to get networking going on the 3000 yet because it crashes
whenever I try to edit rc.conf there. I might have to put the disk back in
the XP900 and do the edit there. The 3000 is in a data centre so it's a bit
of a problem getting to it though.

Cheers,
--
Mark Ter Morshuizen