Subject: Re: upgrade from 2.0.2 to 3.0 was [rpc.statd error]
To: sp4rc <sammyshome@gmx.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/04/2006 11:59:22
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:53:37AM +0100, sp4rc wrote:
> >   You can run postinstall as many times as you want. You'll have to fix
> >   some of the problems pointed out by postinstall (such as missing users and
> >   groups) by hand. run postinstall and fix until postinstall doens't report
> >   any failed fix.
> > - reboot. You should now have a working 3.0 system.
>
> This has worked so far for me and I now have a running 3.0 NetBSD
> system. Oddly enough the same rpc.statd error is still there. It seems
> that the nfsd hasn't been updated. I can't find any information on how

Did you delete /var/db/statd.status after the upgrade ? Once this database
is corrupted, the only way to clean it up is to delete the file.

> not able to compile any program from pkgsrc. I have downloaded the
> latest pkgsrc from [1]. I have no clue on what could be wrong. I also
> tried boostrapping pkgsrc, although this only should be needed for
> non-netbsd systems.

Update pkgsrc from CVS, or use the pkgsrc-2005Q4 branch (from
/pub/pkgsrc/2005Q4, or from CVS). This tar ball was created at a bad time.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>