Subject: upgrade from 2.0.2 to 3.0 was [rpc.statd error]
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: sp4rc <sammyshome@gmx.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/02/2006 20:51:34
Hello

> This is a bug in rpc.statd which corrupts its database when it is shutdown
> (such as on reboot, or after a /etc/rc.d/nfslocking stop). This has been
> fixed recently, at last on netbsd-2 and netbsd-3 (NetBSD 3.0 has the fix).
> Now you have to upgrade your rpc.statd, and delete the /var/db/statd.status
> file (be carefull if you have NFS client using locks, you'll have to make
> sure none of them holds a lock when you do this)

thanks for your answer, I haved stopped nfslocking and the nfsd and
removed /var/db/statd.status. After restarting the daemons everything
worked as expected for about 5min...afterwards the following error
occured.

Jan  1 19:37:13 proteus rpc.lockd: no matching entry for hostA

So instead of updating the nfsd I have decided to upgrade to the latest
release 3.0, because I would like to enjoy nic-bounding and a stable
working nfsd.

As I have already mentioned before, I am running NetBSD 2.0.2 on a
AS1200 system, with kernelized raidframe enabled and having / on a 2
disk raid0 mirror. Now I am quite unsure on how to start upgrading. So
far I have downloaded the Alpha ISO and red throught the INSTALL.html,
especially through the upgrade section. But there is nothing mentioned
about how to handle kernelized raidframe systems. I am bit afraid of
crashing my system...

I never did an upgrade befor so any hints and help on this topic would
be greatlly appreciated. Maybee anyone has been in the same situation
and is willing to share his experience.

--
/sp4rc