Subject: Re: How to install NetBSD on XP1000?
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Aleksandar Janicijevic <email@example.com>
Date: 12/30/2005 01:33:56
just wanted to thank Miles Nordin and Anders Hogrelius
for their help! I succeeded in installing NetBSD, now
the next step is to configure things properly.
So, for the benefit of all, here's what I did:
- In Alphabios setup I selected CMOS setup and there
selected DEC Unix SRM
- Insert boot floppy 1/3.
- Reboot machine, it comes up in SRM.
- Enter command B DVA0 to boot from floppy
(as decribed in
- Insert install CD.
- When asked about where to install from, enter DQ0
- After the installation was complete, it asked me to
reboot. After reboot, it fired up SRM again; there the
command to boot OS from SCSI disk is B DKA0.
And that's it! Now I have a system that boots, so far
I managed to edit rc.conf so that it starts in
multiboot mode. I finally have a chance to learn how
to use NetBSD.