Subject: Re: DS10L -- missing IDE interrupts?
To: None <urban@boquist.net>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/25/2005 23:24:02
> Miles> but on the DS10, SCSI only. :(
>
> FWIW, I bought a cheap SATA-controller and put a 160GB SATA disk in m=
> old PWS 500au. It works perfectly (and with very good performance on
> this old system).

That's what I was thinking of as my next option if I can't get the IDE
controller to work properly.  I installed a SATA controller and used a
400GB SATA disk in an external enclosure on a sparc64, and currently
run it with a 64k/8k FFS file system, and performance is really nice.
I was also considering using a CF/IDE adapter for the boot file
system on the DS10, as I wanted to have the disk internal in it.

Regards,

- H=E5vard