Subject: Re: Mylex DAC960PL on AS1200
To: Magnus =?ISO-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= Ringman <b@chalmers.se>
From: sp4rc <sammyshome@gmx.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/03/2005 21:43:26
> If you have a unit with two flash chip sockets you can upgrade to v3, with
> some effort.  You'll have to obtain a second flash chip (they're Intel
> N28F001BX 128k units in PLCC44 packages, about US$10) and bring the
> firmware image from Mylex' .zip file onto them using an eprom burner.

hm, sounds like an adventure. I think I will invest in a new RAID
controller. What do the list readers think about the Mylex ExtremeRAID
1100/DAC1164P Ultra2 SCSI RAID Controller? Has anyone experience with
this controller? What specifications has a RAID controller to fullfil to
be supported (bootable) by the SRM console? I just can't find any
regarding information on the net. Any links, hints?

--
Regards
	/sp4rc