Subject: Re: Mylex DAC960PL on AS1200
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: sp4rc <sammyshome@gmx.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/02/2005 22:14:41
On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 19:02, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>   There's a standalone Raid Configuration Utility (RA200RCU.EXE) on a DOS
> disk (or could be on a CDROM) that you run from the ARC menu.

Yes, you pointed me into the right direction. For those how are
interested see [1] for further information.

I have 7 SCSI HDs within my AS1200:
sd{0,1} are ment for netbsd. This are 2x 9GB disks, which should become
a RAID1-set.
sd{2,3,4,5,6} are ment for data. This are 5x 50GB disks, which should
become a RAID5-set.

So far I have no problems initilazing the RAID1-set, but the
configuration software (RA200RCU.exe) allows me to only setup a RAID5
set of 32GB. Is this due a controller limitation, or am I doing sth.
wrong? I have already upgraded to latest firmware :(

If this should really be a limitation, which controller could you
recommend to me for this purpose? It would be great if it would support
*BSD/Linux/windows.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2003/10/msg00080.html
--
Regards