Subject: Re: Announce: DEC AlphaServer 8400 is coming
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/28/2005 11:51:04
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2005, at 6:00 AM, <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
> <ragge@ludd.luth.se> wrote:
>
> >>   If so, see PR #26383 (although my current patch is using splipi()
> >> instead of splhigh() as in the PR).
> >>

> > Great! I will try it and see how it works out!
>
> Can you try this patch instead?

I don't know if this patch or problem is the cause, but when I tried to
run 4 setiatihome jobs on a 4 CPU ES40, the machine hung hard.  Even the
RMC "halt on" command failed to halt the machine.  I had to reset it.
I've had no problems running 2 setiathome jobs on my dual CPU CS20 though.
I'll try the ES40 some more after I check out the sgmap dma patches.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant