Subject: Re: Serious SCB Timeout problems in 2.0.2 on Alpha w/ fxp devices
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Eike Dehling <e.e.dehling@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/27/2005 00:45:44
Dave Huang wrote:
> Hmm, I'm not familiar with that... I've been running an fxp on my
> AlphaPC 164 for years and haven't noticed any problems. Is this
> problem something new to 2.0.2, but not in 2.0?

I'm not sure about which release it started in, but i have trouble with
fxp's too. I regularly get 'fxp0: device timeout' messages. Especially
when downloading thigns (via ftp/http), i get like one of those every 10
seconds. Having the fxp upload new microcode with the link0 flag helps
somewhat, but the messages don't go away, they just become less
frequent. I'm running 2.0.2 on an AlphaPC too (an alphapc 164sx).

Eike.