Subject: What does "processor correctable error: mean"?
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: bob smith <sfmc68@verizon.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/22/2005 16:22:41
Have 2.0.2 installed and running on my 164LX.
found a problem drive - when trying to format it after it had been
running for a bit - just hung when I was doing a newfs to it after
doing hte disk partitioning and label.
now, I have a new :symptom:
getting message: Warning: revieved processor correctable error

searched the web, found the ref to multia heat death.
found the Jason thorpe source code where there seems to be a printout
from a freebsd kernel,  but I am getting this in NetBSD.  Yes this is the
same box I was having problems loading NetBSD on.

Is this a hint of cpu heating problem on an LX, like a multia?
tks
bob

--
Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, live like it is your last day.