Subject: Re: PATA disk drive not being configured in 2.0.2
To: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/15/2005 00:17:03
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 02:28:31PM +0100, Dieter wrote:
> > > DEBUG eb164_iointr() vec = 0x900 irq = 0
> > > scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
> > >
> > > unexpected machine check:
> >
> > Did this kernel work once in this machine ?
>
> I think so, modulo different PCI cards, and being
> connected to a hard drive rather than a CD/DVD burner.
>
> Is the CMD controller known for failing on powerup?

No. These controllers are used in some popular sparc systems too (Ultra/5).

> I'm assuming that a fresh batch of "Vector allocation failed"
> wouldn't have damaged the part?

I don't think it can. I suspect a software issue at the SRM level (not
assigning a proper address to the DMA registers). Maybe the adapter you
added changed a non-volatile state somewhere. If possible, try to remove
all the adapters you added, and reset the SRM to factory defaults (I don't know
how to do that last part, but I guess there is a way to do it - maybe involves
a jumper setting).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>