Subject: Re: gtk2+ ?
To: None <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/11/2005 10:48:32
 >>> I see that gtk2+ is only built for powerpc and amd64,
>>> does it not build for alpha?
>>
>> I am using GTK2 on my 164LX
>> ===> lars@ardbeg:~ %pkg_info | grep gtk2
>> gtk2+-2.6.7         GIMP Toolkit v2 - libraries for building X11 user
>> interfaces
>
> I don't see it in
>
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/README.html

NetBSD does not do automatic builds of all packages for all
architectures.
I guess there are some project machines, and then there are volunteers
who do bulk builds of packages for certain architectures.

If you don't see a built package for some architecture, it does not mean
it won't work. You'll just have to download pkgsrc and build it
yourself.

> I would think that there would be automagic scripts that build these?

There are, but there are not necessarily people who use the scripts
for some particular architecture. And I think it is unreasonable to
expect that the NetBSD project would have resources to do bulk builds
for all archs it supports.