Subject: No X- Server for my AS4100 on Port Alpha
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Steffen.Pelzetter@nexans.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/2005 10:42:10
Hello,

I've downloaded iso image for the alpha- port on netbsd 2.0
cause I want to find the best os for the future.

So I've installed it on my AlphaServer 4100=20
(DigitalServer 7305 correctly).
At first the are some bugs in the installation programm.
So the verbose and the "silent" installation are switched,
the root system is mounted read- only after installation and
some other minor problems.

Now my system seemed to be installed and I tried to configure
X.

But there is nothing, no xf86config, XF68Config or xf86cfg.
I have re-installed the xserver.tgz with no success.

I think there are no X- server and tools on the CD.

Please help, I need to have a running system at the end
of the month. If you can't solve the problem I need to
install linux, which is not my favorite one.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen / Best Regards
Steffen Pelzetter
--=20
Nexans Deutschland Industries GmbH & Co. KG
Building Market Germany
Abt.: IT - System- Administration & Software- Development
Tel.: +49 (0) 36962 / 29309 - Fax: 29345