Subject: Re: More Re: 2.0 alpha kernel build question
To: None <sfmc68@verizon.net>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/26/2005 20:13:58
bob smith <sfmc68@verizon.net> wrote:
> bob smith wrote:
>
> > Is anyone having success with custom kernel for alpha under2.0?
> > I am getting a couple of errors when trying to config.
> > I built a new drive from 2.0 iso.  think I have all the 2.0 sets, from
> > that install, and think all the tools are correct.
> >
> > I had doen a custome kernel under 1.6.2, works fine, and think I can
> > use the
> > same parameter file to do the config etc.  I get teh same errors using
> > the
> > generic that comes with the cvs for 2.0, as I do with my file.
> >
> > Here is what I get with Generic -
> > cavan20# config GENERIC
> > ../../../../netinet/files.ipfilter:21: syntax error
> > ../../../../net/files.pf:16: syntax error
> > *** Stop.
> >
> > HELP! Please
> > bob
>
> Curiouser and curiouser
> I look in the 2.0 directory, and the config date is Nov 2004.  I upgrade
> to the alpha
> build that Mickael did, and the date is dec 2004.  I get the same error
> with an attempted
> kernel config.

 It works OK for me:

sarasvati:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/conf $ config GENERIC
Build directory is ../compile/GENERIC
Don't forget to run "make depend"
sarasvati:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/conf $

-rw-r--r--  1 johan  wheel  20368 Jul 16  2004 GENERIC

 I've been using this to build my kernels with 2.0:

cd /usr/src
./build.sh -o -x -U -u -T /local/NetBSD/tools kernel=PARATHA

 You may not want to throw any of those flags at build.sh.  All you really
 need is:

./build.sh kernel=PARATHA

 It sounds a little like some of your source tree might be out of date?
 When was the last time you sync'd it with the NetBSD servers?

 -johan