Subject: Re: a serious XFree86 trouble
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: RMH <rmhlldr@yahoo.co.uk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/07/2005 13:23:48
All right, now I know, at least, that the problem isn't specific to
me only. I shall keep digging for substitute video cards, maybe even
find an ancient TGA card, it's supposed to have a better support...
On the other hand, I have a choice to try some fixing attempts (well,
if it works under FreeBSD, why shouldn't it work under NetBSD?), and
so on...

Have just made a desperate attempt on installing an ISA video card,
and received a kernel panic right from the start:

panic: pci_display_console: no device at 255/255/0

Regards,
Rhett

 --- David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com> has written: