Subject: 2.0 on DEC3000 drops to debugger if console is not connected
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Smith <smithm@netapps.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/03/2005 08:55:26
I have installed NetBSD 2.0 on one of my DEC3000-M600 systems. I have connected the MMJ console cable to a pc, which is being used as a terminal.

If I start the system with the console connected everything goes OK. But if I start with the pc turned off, or with the console cable disconnected the system goes to a debugger prompt during startup.

eg:
db> trace
cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
zstty_stint() at netbsd:zstty_stint+0x300
zsc_intr_hard() at netbsd:zsc_intr_hard+0xec
zs_ioasic_hardintr() at netbsd:zs_ioasic_hardintr+0x20
ioasic_intr() at netbsd:ioasic_intr+0x1ac
tc_3000_500_iointr() at netbsd:tc_3000_500_iointr+0x4ec
interrupt() at netbsd:interrupt+0x278
XentInt() at netbsd:XentInt+0x1c
--- interrupt (from ipl 0) ---
spl0() at netbsd:spl0+0x28
cpu_configure() at netbsd:cpu_configure+0x60
configure() at netbsd:configure+0x68
main() at netbsd:main+0x460
locorestart() at netbsd:locorestart+0x64
--- root of call graph ---
db>

I don't know how early in the startup this problem occurs, but it must be early as there is nothing written to /var/log/messages

Does anybody have any suggestions about this problem? Is there anything I can do in the debugger?

Thanks in advance.
--
Michael Smith