Subject: Re: 2.0 on DEC3000 drops to debugger if console is not connected
To: Michael Smith <smithm@netapps.com.au>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/01/2005 18:25:42
[ On Friday, December 31, 2004 at 22:49:35 (+0000), Michael Smith wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: 2.0 on DEC3000 drops to debugger if console is not connected
>
> Looking at the original stack trace I can see that it is likely the
> zstty driver is incorrectly thinking it has been sent a break. Also,
> this seems to happen before any config files are read, so it is
> unlikely I will be able to configure my way out of this.

I would blame the hardware for incorrectly sensing a BREAK _long_ before
I would ever even dream of blaming the driver for acting on one.

If there's nothing connected to the port then it would be well within
the realm of possibility for the UART to sense what appears to be a
BREAK signal from the noise on the line.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>