Subject: Re: Fixes for TGA driver in XFree86
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/01/2004 06:18:13
Hi !

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> "Flexible" in the PC sense has given us the nightmare of "mode lines",
> "dot clock" settings, and all kinds of other horrid low-level hardware
> magic guck that no user should ever have to see, let alone be aware of.

Full-ack, yes. But why should i live with 8bit graphics or spend lots of money
or wait months/years to get some 24bit cards?

> XFree86?  Just say no.

Maybe my pride is not big enough to make life harder just to day no to XFree86.
I also don't like it very much, but i don't see lots of alternatives to get
affordable non-x86 performance.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX