Subject: Re: about netBSD installation
To: Ajith Gunaratne <ajith@iastate.edu>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.mff.cuni.cz>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/24/2004 09:33:34
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:46:23 +0000, Ajith Gunaratne wrote:

> Hi
>
>    I have cpmpaq professional workstation xp1000 with digital alpha 21264
> processor. I have created bootable floppy and bootfrom them successfully
> and then install and setup hardrive without any problem. when it bootup,
> it ask "enter path name of shell or return for sh", If i press enter it
> goes to system but did not ask any passwd and can not add user. I think
> something is wrong. I don't know where is the path too. Please help

This is the single-user mode. If you exit this shell, it will continue
booting to normal multiuser mode. Please read this FAQ entry
(http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/faq.html#multiuser-boot). (Briefly,
add A to the kernel boot options in the SRM console before booting to
always boot to multiuser mode. I was also confused by this when I started
using NetBSD/alpha.)

Bye	Pavel