Subject: Re: can NetBSD/alpha mount NetBSD/i386 filesystems?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Roland C. Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/13/2004 13:11:11
Simon Burge wrote:

>Other than possibly needing to re-disklabel the disk (and using FFE_EI
>if moving from a big-endian to little-endian system or vice versa), I've
>used the same filesystem on alpha, i386 and powerpc.  Just save the
>output of "disklabel fooN" somewhere before you move the disk.

You shouldn't even need to save the old disklabel, because `disklabel -r'
will find the other disklabel in most cases.  `disklabel -r' will scan
for the disklabel and find it if it is at a slightly different offset,
I found a while back when I had this issue.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/