Subject: RE: how to create bootable netbsd disk from Tru64 UNIX?
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/18/2004 08:43:12
On 17-Sep-2004 Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Is there any reasonably easy way for me to generate and populate a
> netbsd filesystem on that second disk from Tru64?  Ideally I'd like to
> be able to drop new kernels onto this second disk for easy testing.
>
> Or would it be best to just generate a whole bootable disk image using
> my NetBSD system and just "dd" that onto the second disk using Tru64?

In the past, when working on sysinst under alpha, I used to have an extra drive
installed in the machine.  I would generate sysinst images, (the big cdhdtape
ones) and dd those to a drive, and then boot off them.  It's very easy to do
this way.  You can allways crossbuild additional images if you need to modify
something, and just dd another one to the drive.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
NetBSD supported hardware database: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/hw.cgi