Subject: Re: -current MP panics
To: Stephen M. Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/08/2004 22:56:03
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Stephen M. Jones wrote:

> I'm running MP kernels with DIAGNOSTICS/LOCKDEBUG and -g makeoptions,
> but can't seem to get much out of them when they panic or hard hang.
> panics won't successful dump due to an fpsave 'ipi didn't'

  There's a PR opened on that panic (port-alpha/26383), and I have just
appended some information about it.  That also contains a patch I have
been testing.

  If disk I/O was active at the time of the panic, dumps will typically
not work since the disk driver will usually not be a state to write the
dump.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant