Subject: -current MP panics
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M. Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/08/2004 22:53:58
I've got two CS20s running the daily snapshots (latest is 08/02, I'll
update to whatever releng has tonight).

I'm running MP kernels with DIAGNOSTICS/LOCKDEBUG and -g makeoptions,
but can't seem to get much out of them when they panic or hard hang.
panics won't successful dump due to an fpsave 'ipi didn't'

Anyway, here are the messages I've gotten.  If you'd like, I'd be
happy to run some other commands.  Also, is it possible for an MP
system to be more stable without all the debugging switched on? I've
had an earlier build run for 12 days doing a looped 'build.sh build'
successfully (takes about 4 hours to a complete each time).  Now that
I have debugging turned on and using the 0802 build, I'm not able to
keep the systems up for more than 4 hours.

db{1}> trace
cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x1e8
delay() at netbsd:delay
--- root of call graph ---
db{1}> step
Stopped in pid 7444.1 (cut) at  netbsd:panic+0x1e8:     ldah    gp,16(ra)

cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x1e8
delay() at netbsd:delay

cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x1e8
ffs_read() at netbsd:ffs_read+0x47c
vn_read() at netbsd:vn_read+0x120
dofileread() at netbsd:dofileread+0xb0
sys_read() at netbsd:sys_read+0xc4
syscall_plain() at netbsd:syscall_plain+0xd8
XentSys() at netbsd:XentSys+0x60
dumping to dev 8,1 offset 7362
cpu0: waiting for secondary CPUs to halt...
dump i/o error

sd0(siop0:0:0:0): polling command not done
panic: scsipi_execute_xs
Stopped in pid 20629.1 (cat) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:        ret     zero,(ra