Subject: Re: port-alpha/26116
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/05/2004 21:59:11
In article <20040705192149.GA20713@neutralgood.org>,  <kpneal@pobox.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 07:34:25PM +0000, Dieter wrote:
>>
>> >Number:         26116
>> >Category:       port-alpha
>> >Synopsis:       netscape does not run due to unimplemented osf1 system calls
>
>This is a duplicate of port-alpha/16468, filed by me (with patches)
>Tue Apr 23 19:22:00 PDT 2002. I patched 1.5.2 and supplied updates for
>1.6. My patches are more extensive and take into account things like
>kernel config files that don't include SYSVMSG (and friends).
>
>I would greatly appreciate it if someone would either commit or reject
>with reason my patches. I don't see the point of having the same problems
>fixed over and over again by a variety of people.
>
>Pretty please?

1. The code defined osf1_u_int, your new defines for unsigned long and unsigned
   short define osf1_ulong and osf1_ushort which is inconsistent. Either all
   of them should have an underscore or none.

2. What about secinfo_t? Don't you need the space for a pointer anyway, even
   though you are not going to fill it up? How about setting it to NULL?

3. No space before ( in function defs. Should all be ansi prototypes anyway.

4. The names of the conversion functions are not consistent.

5. Why define all the functions when most of them just return ENOSYS?

6. Are the arguments really different, so that they need special structs,
   and we can't just re-use the NetBSD syscalls?

christos