Subject: Re: ES40, ES45, etc. support?
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/23/2004 15:58:52
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> What are the chances of getting support for current production HP
> AlphaServers in NetBSD?  E.g. ES45, ES47, etc.?
>
> Has anyone tried booting NetBSD on more modern and larger AlphaServers?

  I just booted a 2.0F install disk on an ES40, and the installation
booted fine.  It recognized the 4 CPUs and the 8GB of memory.  The
RAID controller that came with the machine wasn't configured.  I didn't
have any installation sets available, so I didn't actually complete
the installation.

  We've also got an ES45 and an ES47 based system, but they are production
system and the sysadmin isn't going to let me go anywhere near them with
NetBSD.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant