Subject: Re: AS1200 stray IRQ messages
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/18/2004 10:17:57
On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 05:02:15PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Which seems to show that there's a design flaw or bug of some sort in
> the lpt driver.

More in the hardware: it does not have (IIRC) an interrupt status register
that could indicate "yes, I requested an interrupt".

The lpt driver will not claim an interrupt if the hardware does not indicate
the printer being ready or having an error condition. This could be considered
bogus - maybe we should just declare "lpt can not share interrupts" and have
the driver always return 1 from the interrupt handler.

Martin