Subject: Re: AS1200 stray IRQ messages
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/17/2004 15:15:25
On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 04:00:29PM -0600, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>   I was just looking at the AS1200/AS4x00 handling of strays, and it will
> reset the stray count when it gets a good interrupt.  My PC164 will
> disable the interrupt after about 4 or 5 stray interrupts.  I haven't
> looked at the other model's code, so I can't say how it's handled for
> other alphas.

if the kernel is receiving the interrupts, why aren't they being
delivered to the appropriate handler?  if the kernel can see them,
surely a device driver can too?

  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown