Subject: Extraordinary work on SMP Alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/2004 10:01:48
Yesterday I went MP on my production Alphaserver 1200, encouraged by
recent reports of success (mostly in connection with PR 25599).  It's a
routine I've gone through every three months or so since SMP was
enabled, invariably ending in a hard system hang during some kind of
heavy RAIDframe activity.

I've been through a full distribution build, as well as a complete
build of the x.org sources, all while serving IMAP, and a PHP + MySQL
IMP system.  Uptime has been far longer than I can ever remember on MP.

I would like to know where to send the Fat Tire and the Mirror Pond.

Dave