Subject: Random panics with 2-0 on CS20
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/28/2004 00:33:54
I'm experiencing (actually, always have) random panics running the 2-0 branch.
Random as in they aren't reproducible for any given command.  These occur
during a release build, and never in the same place:

panic: fpsave ipi didn't
Stopped in pid 20304.1 (sed) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:        ret     zero,(ra)
db{1}> bt
cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x1f8
fpusave_proc() at netbsd:fpusave_proc+0x258
cpu_lwp_free() at netbsd:cpu_lwp_free+0x38
exit1() at netbsd:exit1+0x428
sys_exit() at netbsd:sys_exit+0x48
syscall_plain() at netbsd:syscall_plain+0xd4
XentSys() at netbsd:XentSys+0x60
--- syscall (1) ---
--- user mode ---
db{1}> reboot
syncing disks...

At this point the machine just hangs hard with no reboot.

I have tried on two physically different machines now and experience
the same type of panics.  I have also been using various types of
ethernet cards to ensure that it isn't a particular ethernet driver.
The builds are, though, being performed with "-j 3" as well as over
NFS.

Suggestions?

-scott