Subject: firefox-gtk2 on -current
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/19/2004 08:31:20
Hi,

I just tried to compile and run firefox-gtk2 after upgrading
my -current to 2.0E.

The package still requires patching one asm-file to
accommodate new C++ ABI of GCC, but now it also requires
patching two freetype using files (shouldn't be alpha-specific).

But after the package has succesfully compiled, it still is
a no go. Trying to start it fails silently.

I may try compiling it without optimisations (since gdb *still*
is totally unusable on optimized binaries) and with debugging
symbols to see what happens...

In other news, upgrading from 1.6ZK to 2.0E made openldap
work. Earlier it crashed as soon as a connction was opened.

--
Arto Huusko