Subject: Re: Re : Dual head XFree?
To: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/04/2004 19:17:29
On 18 Feb 2004 12:44:06 -0500
mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com> wrote:

> Yes, best 2D card seems to be Matrox G400=20
OK. Got my two "new" Matrox G200 (ePay, 18 EUR) today. After some fun
with the pci_device_override SRM variable I got them working in my PWS
500au for text console. At the moment I have only one card in the upper
64 bit PCI slot.

Kernel is -current about two days old, userland from 1.6ZH. wscons
options according to Mel's README. XFree86 compiled from Mel's
4.4.0-RC-2 source.=20

Note: I had to disable isapnp in the kernel. A kernel with isapnp caused
a machine check at the isapnp scan during kernel autoconf.

I tried with an old 8 bit TGA and it works more or less. The screen gets
some kind of "distorted" when I move a xterm around.

When I try to start X via startx on the G200, the Xserver prints some
messages and then the machines hangs. The last line is:=20
(=3D=3D) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config".

Any ideas what to do next? I really wane get rid of that old, slow, 8
bit TGA or the PowerStorm 4D50T (quite slow in 2D)...
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen