Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 install problem - "UID 0 comm sysinst on /: file system full"
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Nikos Ntarmos <ntarmos@ceid.upatras.gr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/02/2004 03:57:04
Hi there.

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 02:32:12PM +1300, t-k.gopalakrishnan wrote:
> NetBSD Alpha installation fails towards the end
> (after the steps accepting root password and
> setting time zone) with the following messages:
>
>  UID 0 comm sysinst on /: file system full
>  write failed, file system is full
>  segmentatio fault

This is a known error but poses no problem afaik. Installation of the
system is completed by the time you get this message, so you can
safely ignore it and go on rebooting your computer.

> After the message, the shell prompt is
> displayed. Also I can boot from the disk,
> but it then it does not present the login
> screen as excepted, instead displayes the
> shell prompt.

If I got it right, what you perceive as "shell prompt" is single-user
mode. You should tweak at least /etc/rc.conf (rtfm) and then 'boot -fl
a' to get the machine up in multi-user mode.

L8r...

\n\n

--
 Nikos "Noth" Ntarmos    | < ntarmos at ceid dot upatras dot gr >
 NetCINS Lab. @ C.E.I.D. | [ http://{noth,p2p}.ceid.upatras.gr/ ]