Subject: Re: is mozilla very slow on alpha, or is mozilla-gtk2 slow everywhere?
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/2004 16:05:17
[ On Monday, March 1, 2004 at 16:00:22 (+0100), Jochen Kunz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: is mozilla very slow on alpha, or is mozilla-gtk2 slow everywhere?
>
> I was told that ld.elf_so on Alpha in the 1.6-STABLE branch is slow.

Yes, ld.elf_so on alpha is very slow -- I wouldn't say any worse than on
other platforms though.

> AFAIK this was fixed in -current after the 1.6-RELEASE.
> Maybe you should think about a upgrade to -current. This should be
> good for MP anyway.

I would like to but I'm going to stick with the netbsd-1-6 branch for
now.  I don't have the time or resources to properly manage two
different "releases" on my own machines.

> > 	AlphaServer 4000 5/400 4MB, 400MHz, s/n NI64906T1N
> > 	8192 byte page size, 2 processors.
> > 	total memory = 1536 MB
>
> If you are unhappy with this machine, send it to me. ;-)

I am quite happy with it for now, but you wouldn't want to have to pay
the shipping fees anyway!  ;-)

--
						Greg A. Woods