Subject: Re: is mozilla very slow on alpha, or is mozilla-gtk2 slow
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/2004 19:56:34
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:20:17 +0200
Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi> wrote:

> But on -current Mozilla won't even compile out-of-the-box.=20
Ewww. Don't make me weak! I am on the way switching my main machine to
an Alpha runing NetBSD-current.

> Or at least this was the case with previous Mozilla, I haven't tried
> 1.6 (see PR #23240)
Well, I will see. With a glance at the PR it seems to be a MI GCC
problem. I in that case I have good hopes that the Linux-kidz have fixed
this bug meanwhile.

> And even after patching Mozilla (or I was trying Firebird at the time)
> to compile, it won't run, but dies silently (and since gdb is useless
> on -current, I didn't find out exactly why/where (PR #24218)).
Hmmm. Maybe I stay with that nice but power hungry Octane... :-/
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen