Subject: Re: integrated peripherals on AS255
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/23/2004 22:32:51
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 08:41:59PM -0500, mel kravitz wrote:
> GENERIC kernel has  under ISA devices-
> #wss* at isa? port 0x530 irq 9 drq 0 # Windows Sound System
> #wss* at isapnp?
> #audio* at wss?

BTW, I've got an as200. Am I doing something wrong or is audio on
this box just plain Bad?

I can't loop audio from my stereo through the as200 and back out without
getting gobs of static. Can I not use adaptors to go between the
connectors on the back of the box and standard RCA jacks? The static
sounds like what you get when you send amplified signals into a jack
that doesn't expect amplified signals.

I did whip out my manual and make sure I was plugging things into the
right places. I also replaced the 25 year old stereo with a "modern" unit
that is less than 10 years old. That didn't help.

Bummer.

 "Good grief, I've just noticed I've typed in a rant. Sorry chaps!"
                            Keir Finlow Bates, circa 1998