Subject: Re: Dual head XFree?
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/18/2004 19:32:22
--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

* Jochen Kunz (jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de) wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:11:44 -0500
> mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com> wrote:
>=20
> > PWS is well supported with PCI Radeons 7000 thru 9200,in 4.4.0rc2-
> > return to 'text' is white text on black background, glint
> > PM2, PM3 cards, Voodoo- TDFX cards, Matrox G400, almost any PCI card
> > supported by SRM.=20
> Any special recommendations? What cards give good 2D performance?

3 Month ago I got a Matrox G550 DH card for my PC and I'm still very
impressed by it's 2D quality and performance. The Matrox G5*/G4* DH cards h=
ave
mostly been developed for workstations and focus office-usage rather
than gameperformance. Additionally, there is a port of that Matrox X11
software available at=20
http://macallan.homeunix.org/stuff/mgapdesk_netbsd.tar.gz

The only thing I dislike about my card is that the 2nd output isn't
able to use mplayer on it (I guess that's an overlay issue).

--=20
Schr=F6dingers Katze ist <blink> nicht </blink> tod.

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2--