Subject: Re: Re : Dual head XFree?
To: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/18/2004 17:55:42
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:11:44 -0500
mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com> wrote:

> PWS is well supported with PCI Radeons 7000 thru 9200,in 4.4.0rc2-
> return to 'text' is white text on black background, glint
> PM2, PM3 cards, Voodoo- TDFX cards, Matrox G400, almost any PCI card
> supported by SRM.=20
Any special recommendations? What cards give good 2D performance?
(Sorry, I left the PeeCee business sone years ago.)
SRM support is not important, I can live with serial console very well.

> see http://www.caseydoodle.com/cards.html . for cards i have used.=20
Thanks for the hint. I will ePay some "new" cards as all my PCI VGAs are
old S3 or Cyrix based cards.

> Of course you wan't 'xinerama' see xfree86.org for
> documentation on XF86Config file for dual head operation=20
Well, I'll see. I got xinerama working on my dual head SGI Octane, so I
am used to this kind of trouble. ;-)
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen