Subject: Re: ProFTPD
To: Carsten Friede <cfriede@wh12.tu-dresden.de>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/12/2004 17:54:21
On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 11:49:40PM +0100, Carsten Friede wrote:

=> I'm trying hard to get the proftpd daemon running on my DEC3000 with
=> NetBSD 1.6. I installed proftpd by using the ports collection. I also
=> made an entry in /etc/rc.local like "/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/proftpd start".
=> But all I get in this case is "$proftp not properly set" and no running
=> daemon. Then I tried to start it directly through /usr/pkg/sbin/proftpd
=> and there I get "error opening scoreboard: No such file or directory".
=> What is going on? Does anybody know how to get this thing running properly?

I run ProFTPD on my NetBSD/alpha 1.6-CURRENT system.  Adding the line

	proftpd=YES

to /etc/rc.conf should keep the /etc/rc.d/proftpd startup script happy.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa