Subject: KN20AA_MCHECK
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/30/2004 21:12:46
--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

I just noticed the following in my AlphaStation 600 5/266's msgbuf:
KN20AA_MCHECK: unknown check vector 0x630
Warning: received processor correctable error.
KN20AA_MCHECK: unknown check vector 0x630
Warning: received processor correctable error.

The machine has been up for 93 days, nothing has crashed, nothing odd has
happened, and based on what I've googled up, 0x630 == processor correctable
ECC error. Now, I also googled up a mail (coincidentally enough sent by a
friend of mine who runs Linux on Alpha) from three years ago with kernel
output saying that 0x630 is a correctable ecc error. Why does NetBSD/alpha
say it's an unknown check vector?

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII