Subject: Re: AlphaServer 2100 5/250 crashes on boot.
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/27/2004 23:56:08
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:00:50 +0100 (CET)
Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> wrote:

> Another crash. I don't think I've seen this one before.
I did an other test meanwhile in the original tripe 5/250 CPU, 1 GB RAM
config. I compiled a MP and a non-MP kernel on my AS600. This kernels
contain only options and devices relevant for this machine. I got the
same crash as with the GENERIC kernel. (See my post from this morning.)
After a crash of this type I have to press the hardware reset button on
the machine. It gets back to SRM after a crash, I can run an "init"
command, but I get errors at the next boot. =3D> Reset button and
everything is fine.=20

As Johnny is able to run a non-MP kernel on his EV4 (?) machine this
looks like a second and independent problem related to EV5 CPUs.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen