Subject: Re: AlphaServer 2100 5/250 crashes on boot.
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/27/2004 11:59:12
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> As promised I compiled a fresh -current (on my AlphaStation 600 5/266)
> and tried to run it on my AlphaServer 2100 5/250 to test the MP issues
> Johnny Billquist brought up. Unfortunately the kernel crashes allways at
> the point where the PCI bus is attached. I tried with only 512 MB RAM,
> two and one CPUs, same result. Only the error messages of the SRM console
> varied a bit.

[...]

Whoa!
I have no problems running my system on the normal GENERIC kernel. You
look like you got a broken CPU#0, or rather the cache on that card. Have
you tried another CPU as CPU#0?

My problems only start when I try MP.

It would be interesting if you got the system running, by the way. My
machine gets the clock frequency wrong, and I wonder if that is true for
other 2100-systems as well.

Otherwise you have a much nicer hardware setup than me. You don't happen
to have one or two CPUs extra? :-)

	Johnny