Subject: Re: MP?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/23/2004 02:34:07
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Nikos Ntarmos wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:08:34PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> > > The root problem, I suspect, is that your secondary CPUs don't spin
> > > up.  Could you try with just two identical CPUs in the chassis and see
> > > what happens?
> >
> > Since that isn't possible, but that when I did have two identical cards,
> > I came just as far. I don't remember the exact error message, but it seems
> > as if it behaved the samea way.
> >
> > Any more good ideas on what to try?
>
> Ummm... What about some CPU slot being broken or damaged? Will it
> function o.k. with just one CPU in slot2? Oh, and you do put the
> second cpu card in slot3, right? The system bus configuration is a bit
> funny in these systems.

I realized that I must have a working cpu in CPU#1 slot. The 2100 will not
work otherwise. (Yes, it's an old 2100).

Anyhow, a new crash with a backtrace. This one goes on for ever...

root file system type: ffs
panic: pool_get: pnbufpl: must have NOWAIT
Stopped at      netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:        ret     zero,(ra)
db{2}> bt
cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x1f8
pool_get() at netbsd:pool_get+0x3bc
prologue botch: displacement 48
frame size botch: adjust register offsets?
pool_cache_get_paddr() at netbsd:pool_cache_get_paddr+0x1a0
prologue botch: displacement 48
frame size botch: adjust register offsets?
pool_cache_get_paddr() at netbsd:pool_cache_get_paddr+0x1a0
prologue botch: displacement 48
frame size botch: adjust register offsets?
pool_cache_get_paddr() at netbsd:pool_cache_get_paddr+0x1a0
.
.
.

---