Subject: Re: MP?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/22/2004 21:37:51
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> > The root problem, I suspect, is that your secondary CPUs don't spin
> > up.  Could you try with just two identical CPUs in the chassis and see
> > what happens?
>
> Since that isn't possible, but that when I did have two identical cards,
> I came just as far. I don't remember the exact error message, but it seems
> as if it behaved the samea way.
>
> Any more good ideas on what to try?

Have you tried running an MP kernel with a single CPU installed?  I can't
remember if that's supposed to work.  If an MP kernel is supposed to work
OK with a single CPU, this may provide some information if you still have
the same problem with only one CPU.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant