Subject: Re: MP?
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Nikos Ntarmos <ntarmos@ceid.upatras.gr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/22/2004 23:53:49
Hi there.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:08:34PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> > The root problem, I suspect, is that your secondary CPUs don't spin
> > up.  Could you try with just two identical CPUs in the chassis and see
> > what happens?
>
> Since that isn't possible, but that when I did have two identical cards,
> I came just as far. I don't remember the exact error message, but it seems
> as if it behaved the samea way.
>
> Any more good ideas on what to try?

Ummm... What about some CPU slot being broken or damaged? Will it
function o.k. with just one CPU in slot2? Oh, and you do put the
second cpu card in slot3, right? The system bus configuration is a bit
funny in these systems.

\n\n

--
 Nikos "Noth" Ntarmos    | < ntarmos at ceid dot upatras dot gr >
 NetCINS Lab. @ C.E.I.D. | [ http://{noth,p2p}.ceid.upatras.gr/ ]