Subject: Re: AlphaStation 255 trouble
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Christer O. Andersson <christer@a-son.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/14/2004 00:05:40
On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 02:58:03PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > Does anyone happen to have a Tru64 or OpenVMS/Alpha system, and would
> > you be willing to send me the output of
>
> >      ./mkbootfirm fwupdate.exe > bootfloppy-image
>
> > or something similar, using the files from the indicated web page?
>
> I have an alpha that came my way with VMS on it.  I saved a snapshot of
> the disk before wiping it; I could put it back and do the run for you,
> if I can figure out (a) how to crack the system enough to get a DCL
> prompt and (b) what the VMS analog of that command is.

(a) is easy, have a look at http://deathrow.vistech.net/ use the link
VMS Hacking FAQ
(b) is harder, but I have an AlphaStation with VMS intact, and I am willing
to have a go at it tomorrow evening, if the other idea with a dos program
doesn't work. (It's a bit late, and I really ought to go to bed.)

/Christer

--
Christer O. Andersson
Odensbacken